POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : Minimum Entry Requirements : Minimum Entry Requirements Server Time
2 May 2024 17:09:39 EDT (-0400)
  Minimum Entry Requirements
From: Michael Hunter
Date: 15 Jun 2009 12:10:01
Message: <web.4a367214d0c848f2d7fbc1230@news.povray.org>

be considered minimum requirements for the competition. It has been taken over

remains. We will fail to retain and acquire the most proficient 3D artists if
we dictate to them how they are allowed to make their art. These people both
inspire us with their images and teach us with their comments and should be
highly valued.

I have argued that we have arrived in this situation because the initial rules

techniques have been developed that while powerful are in opposition with the
initial rules. I believe the intent of these rules were to focus work and
conversation about the creation of 3D images and animations. This is the sole
intent and we should update the rules to reflect this just as the web site has
been updated. I have suggested the following as the minimum requirements for a
submission to the IRTC for your consideration:

The issue of a particular image or animation showing a good use of 3D is a
matter I think is best left up to judging and comments and to be done on a case
by case basis. Whereas the minimum requirements should only be used to maintain
the focal point on 3D work. Nothing more.

I would greatly appreciate your thoughts on this. It has either been accepted by
people here or was ignored because I write to much.